Oldham Floating Support Partnership
We are one of the members of the Oldham Floating Support Partnership.
Floating support is a flexible service where a support worker will meet you in your own home or in a neutral place to help you with difficulties that affect your housing. The service will enable you to overcome issues that may otherwise lead to you losing your home and help you to develop the skills you need to live independently.
Who can use the service?
We work with people across the borough of Oldham who are setting up home or finding it hard to manage. Anyone over the age of 16 can ask for floating support, but we prioritise the following groups:
- Anyone living in supported housing who has been offered a tenancy
- People at imminent risk of harm (eg experiencing domestic abuse)
- Those due to leave or who have recently left prison, hospital or residential care
- Young people at risk or who are leaving care
- Teenage and young parents
- Offenders and people at risk of offending including those who are part of the Spotlight cohort
- Homeless single people and families with support needs
- People with drug and alcohol issues.
- You can apply for help whether you are a tenant in social housing, private rented accommodation or an owner-occupier.
All referrals are made on a common referral form which you can download here Floating Support Referral Form - January 2012. You can return it to us by email, fax or to the postal address below. You can also phone us and we will go through the form over the phone with you.
If you are from a minority ethnic group, our team includes staff with specialist language and cultural experience to provide the right help for you.
Tel: 0161 770 3558
Fax: 0161 770 4968
The Housing Support Team
1 Medtia Square
What kind of support do you offer?
Our services offer the kind of support you need to stay in your home longer term, for example:
- Housing issues
- Budgeting and debt advic
- Life skills
- Health issues
- Education and training
- Volunteering and employment
- Signposting and support to access other help that you may be entitled to.
We also operate hubs across the borough of Oldham at different times of the week. The hubs are somewhere friendly where you can find help and support. You can arrange an appointment or just drop in. At the hubs you can:
- Make a self-referral
- Meet with your support worker
- Take part in group sessions
- Meet new people.
There is space for private one-to-one interviews and access to computers and telephones to support you with your housing needs.
Have a look at the weekly diary sheet below to see where there is a hub near you.
Hub Diary Sheet 204Kb
Oldham Floating Support Partnership is a joint venture between Aksa, First Choice Homes Oldham, Threshold and Turning Point. It is funded by Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council.