Early Help Stoptober 2015
Stoptober is a 28 day stop smoking challenge. It launches in September and encourages as many smokers as possible to quit from 1st October by signing up and utilising the range of free resources and support available. Stop Smoking services in Oldham are now delivered by the Oldham Together partnership made up of Positive Steps, Threshold, Hope Citadel Health, and voluntary sector partners as part of Early Help services.
On the 23rd and 24th of September the Early Help team held a launch event. The Mayor of Oldham, Ateeque Ur-Rehman, attended to show his support and took part in a health check and health MOT. To launch this years Stoptober campaign the team held two days of activities outside the Positive Steps building including:
- Engagement workers giving out advice about quitting smoking
- Engagement workers on hand to provide free Health Checks and mini Health MOT’
- Workers engaging with members of the public around sexual health and other health issues
- The fire service speaking about the risks of smoking in the home
The event proved propular with 830 engagements with the public on a variety of issues including stopping smoking, Brooks sexual health clinic, 2 year old free education offer, health checks and much more with 36 people referred into the stop smoking clinic If you are interested in taking part in Stoptober there are lots of options for one-to-one support across the borough. Call 0800 288 9008 to sign up for free support to find out which clinics are closest to you or to discuss how the Early Help team may be able to help you with other health issues.
(Pictured: Mayor of Oldham Ateeque Ur-Rehman and Rachel Murphy, Early Help Partnership and Change manager)
- about 2 days agoRT @ian249: Good luck Jane off to Keyring in Oldham. Supporting people https://t.co/uvDBEKcKF5
- about 32 days agoRT @NewCharterGroup: We're really pleased our homelessness charity @threhsold76 has been able to help with this @homelessAPPG report. https…
- about 33 days agoThreshold contributed https://t.co/PQ0VeRCEm2
Your support can go a long way to help change lives.Donate now
Stay in the know about our latest activities and projects.